Selling your claim allows you to immediately book income and to avoid the risks and delay associated with the process of submitting claims.
The benefits are:
- Immediate payment of a class action claim that can take an average of three years for complete processing and payment (and as many as six years if any appeals are taken from settlement objectors);
- Elimination of any risk that settlement payment is less than estimated;
- Elimination of any risk that your claim will be denied or delayed;
- Elimination of any risk that the settlement will be denied, disapproved or modified by the court or on appeal;
- Certainty of payment amount, which can vary substantially from “estimates” contained in a class action notice.